Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Birthday - Part One







Birthdays... they seem to come around every year... the last time I celebrated a birthday on US soil was in 1996 - I was 25 that year and my first-born was 6 months old (today my fourth and youngest child is 6 years old.) Wow!

This year called for some special celebration. My sisters and I spent a day in Washington, DC to celebrate.

First, we took a walk to the White House. We kept thinking it would be on the 'next' block... we hadn't totally figured out our map yet... so we kept walking and what do you know, we did find it!

Nothing much was happening there - just a big box truck out front and they were unloading pallets of poinsettias.

A kind soul took this picture for us on our walk back from the White House... sorry, I don't know who the guy on the horse was but Jane was fascinated with the horse statues here and there.


Barb managed to arrange her purse or coat or whatever to take a couple more pictures of all three of us together.



Here we are with the Old Post Office Pavilion with the tower in the background.


But SOMEBODY got so excited about taking pictures of the Capitol building from the middle of Pennsylvania Avenue that we forgot to climb to the top of the tower and take in the view from there!

Crazy Sisters!

Then we went swimming in the World War II memorial - well, I think that's what it was...


And here's another horse for Jane... :)


But the highlight of the day - aside from spending a WHOLE day - just me and my sisters - was the musical, "A Christmas Carol" at Ford's Theatre.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Looks like fun, and sounded like you had lots of it! :) Glad you got to spend this day together.

    ReplyDelete