Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy Birthday, Orlin

So.... last week the 'Monday' kids informed me that little Orlin's birthday was this Monday. The four girls (cousins ages 10,11,11,and 12) always like to do something out of the ordinary - like baking cookies, or painting nails, or dressing up like princesses. This time, they wanted to make a cake for Orlin.
Orlin is a special little kid. When he first came to Kids' Clubs with his sister, he hung on tightly to her skirts and I felt bad for her. At the time, she was only 9 years old and she wanted to run and play and skate with her friends/cousins, but Orlin would just cry when she left him. If I tried to take him, he would wail all the louder! Apparently I was a bit strange for him!
But as time continued, little Orlin gradually warmed up to me and even started coming to give me a hug every time he came to clubs or to my house with his sisters.
So... we made a cupcake cake for little Orlin - well, as best I could. The kids weren't too sure about cupcakes but they loved it in the end. They brought a small string of firecrackers, which Arlen hung on the almond tree and set off as soon as we were finished singing "Happy Birthday". They also brought lollipops and some other candy which they divided evenly among all the kids.



Happy 3rd Birthday, dear little Orlin!

No comments:

Post a Comment